The Southie Shuttle will be back for THE 2016 marathon season !!!!Pick up will START AT 7:00 am from the skating rink by Castle Island. Return trips have been added ... this week we will have 1 return trip (time to be announced Sunday).
BAA sent out a notice to Volunteers letting them know that 2016 volunteer site is open. If any members are interested in packet stuffing. This is what they should follow;
Go to BAA.org
Click on volunteer
Click on the Boston marathon Photo
Click volunteer now
Click either returning volunteer ( which you should have received an email for with your volunteer #)
Click first time if new
The Group Name for Packet Stuffing is the shift for which you want to volunteer EX: ps sat shift 1 ps sat shift 2 ps sun shift 1 or ps sun shift 2
The PassCode you need to enter is LSMVS
Spots fill on a first come first serve basis.
L Street Running Club is committed to providing aid stations for every weekend long run during the fall and spring marathon training seasons. In order to do this, we ask that every Club Member pitch in and coordinate an aid station. With that, let's be honest, aid stations get a bad rap and that's just not right. Stations are SO much fun, you get to be with friends, drink hot or iced Dunkies, be happy you're not running, you get to see all your sweaty friends look absolutely horrible and insist on taking selfless for FB. Sunday morning aid stations are better than being in Church because running is your true religion anyway, you get to stay up late the night before and you give back to community in 3 cheap hours of the year. You know you're a morning person and who cares about sleeping when you can be outside. Yay YOU! Sign up today!
Some helpful tips and reminders for everyone, even if it's not your first rodeo…
1. You will need a car or a ride to fulfill a water stop commitment. Unless you live in Southie, sign up at the M Street bath house and carry your supplies in a knapsack alllll human sherpa style, it'll be really tough to get this done. Don't be shy about posting a request for help from club members and finding a ride if you don't own a car.
2. If you sign up for a stop and then need to reschedule, it's your responsibility to get your commitment filled. Names and email addresses are included in the spreadsheet to facilitate communication. Do email people directly or post on FB for swap help. People are generous and will pitch in.
3. Not sure what time to arrive at your station? Use this formula and give yourselves a few extra minutes. Imagine the lead pack will run a pace of 6:30 and leave the bath house at 8am in the winter and 7:30am for summer training, then see how many miles in your water stop is and calculate the pace with miles. Then take that calculation and check the clock, calculate again.
4. Not every person at a station needs to buy everything. Again, emails and FB are great for coordinating set up time and shopping for supplies. Go nuts!
5. Friends, spouses, blind dates, X-wives and X-husbands, neighbors and roommates CAN cover an aid station for a club member. Call in those favors and get help.
For more on our water stop policy, visit our policy page.
Supplies for each water stop:
Sincerely Always Sarcastically,
Aid Station Girl Stacy Rod-Ren
Members will be reimbursed for money spent on supplies. Save your receipts, and submit them to the Treasurer. OR consider them as a donation to the Club to be used for fun things like youth education scholarships and holiday parties.
renew your LSRC Membership starting October 1, and if you renew prior to January 15, you are eligible for the discounted renewal rate.